We want to protect and respect your privacy.
This policy (together with our website access agreement at http://www.tstoryteller.com/terms-of-use) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand what we do with your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Transmedia Storyteller.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites http://www.tstoryteller.com, http://my.conducttr.com/signup, http://my.conducttr.com (collectively our “Site”) or sent us via any web app dashboard or by email, SMS or social media. This includes information provided when you register at our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
- Any avatar, username or password you have chosen.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to data on the content you viewed, where you viewed it (e.g. online, location of billboard, where you were if a mobile connection), traffic data, location data, game performance, weblogs and other communication data, data on your social media influence and reach, device type, browser type whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information from cookies or web beacons.
- We may also collect information from you related to your performance or use of our Services. For example, we aim to provide personalized experiences and as such content, characters and activities may be made available to you based on content that you have or have or have not viewed or shared. We may also share information about your performance, including statistics, scores, or similar accomplishments on a “leader board” or other similar posting comparing your performance to other users of our services.
- We may also receive information about you from third parties, for example details of your mobile device or internet connection speed.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, device, location and browser type, for system administration and to report information to our advertisers and partners.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet use by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
COMPLIANCE WITH PRIVACY SHIELD PRINCIPLES
We are committed to the Privacy Shield Principles www.privacyshield.gov/ and are compliant with the Privacy Shield Framework.
We would like to make you aware that this means we are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC); that as a last resort and in limited situations, EU individuals may seek redress from the Privacy Shield Panel, a binding arbitration mechanism; that we are required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; that we are liable for appropriate onward transfers of personal data to third parties.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Transmedia Storyteller Ltd commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Private Shield policy should first contact us at: . Transmedia Storyteller Ltd has further committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact the EU DPAs for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU DPAs are provided at no cost to you.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share that password with anyone. While we take precautions against possible breaches in our websites and customer databases, no website or internet transmission is completely secure. Consequently, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. Your use of our sites and services is at your own risk. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by memorizing your password or keeping it in a safe place (separate from your account information), logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser whenever you finish your session or leave your computer in a public area.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To award prizes in games.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the best way we can for you and for your device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for those purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or allow selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
You may opt out at any time even if you have previously given your consent, although it will take a short while for the changes in your preferences to become effective.
We may use your information to help us or those we do business with reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men aged over 30 in London). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Please note that your username may be publicly available when you participate in some services, like leader boards or real world activities, so you should exercise caution when using these services. We are not responsible for protecting any information that you may disclose to third parties through our services. To the extent that you create a public username that may be available to others on our services (e.g. on leader boards), you are solely responsible for its content and accuracy at all times.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of the business or assets and their representatives. This will include any sale of the business and any reconstruction of the business either solvent or not. We may sell part or all of the business and we may sell to more than one buyer. Buyers might not be in the same line of business as we are.
- If Transmedia Storyteller or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our access agreement and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Transmedia Storyteller, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If you are under the age of 13, you may not use our services. You may not sign up for any subscription service or buy anything through our services.
- We will not knowingly collect, maintain, or disclose any personal information from children under the age of 13.
- If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, please have your parent or guardian read this policy and get his or her permission before you give us any of your personal information, before you use any of our message board or chat features and before you sign up for any services. Do not post your real name on a website or message board, and never tell anyone online anything private about yourself or your family, including your phone number and address. Use a username at all times, never your real name. Make sure no- one can work out your real name from your username. Some areas of the services may have special rules for children under the age of 18. When you are in those areas, you must follow those rules. You should make sure you follow basic precautions to stay safe online. Visit http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/ before you visit for some tips on staying safe online.
- We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to become familiar with the types of content available on the internet, including ours. Parents and guardians should oversee their children’s use of e-mail and other online communications and transactional features. Control tools are available from online services and software manufacturers that can help provide a safe online environment f or kids. You should read more about safe use of the internet at http://www.getsafeonline.org/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=1124.
- If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child has submitted his or her personal information without your permission or consent, we will take reasonable steps to remove that information from the database at your request. To request removal of your child’s information, please send an e-mail to us at and be sure to include your contact information in your message.
You can ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually tell you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for those purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for those purposes. You can ask us not to by selecting certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by logging on to the Audience Dashboard (if this is enabled) and changing your preferences there. You can also ask us to stop at any time by contacting us at
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You can see any personal information processed by us. The best way of seeing this is to log on to the Audience Dashboard tab at the top of the screen. You can see your basic details, your contact details and demographic data and correct or update them there at any time to suit you. We also want to give you the opportunity to identify any inaccuracies in any other information we hold about you.
Data protection legislation may give you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.